International Laser Ranging Service (ILRS)
Within the International Laser Ranging Service (ILRS) DGFI actively participates as:
DGFI acts as Operation Centre and Global Data Centre in its function as EUROLAS Data Centre (EDC) by
- Collecting and archiving of all SLR observation data
- Collecting and archiving of all other products generated by the ILRS
- Providing all the information via frequently updated Internet pages
- Mirror of the official ILRS Web pages
DGFI contributions as Analysis Centre are:
- Routinely processing of satellite laser ranging data of the global SLR station network to LAGEOS-1/2 and ETALON-1/2.
- For special investigations (e.g. determination of GM) inclusion of the data of other satellites with laser reflectors (e.g. Starlette and Ajisai).
- Daily and weekly computation of station positions and Earth Orientation Parameters (pole coordinates and length of day)
- Computation of global long-term SLR solutions with station coordinates and velocities.
- Daily computation of range and time biases from all SLR stations and publication through WWW
For more informations and results of the DGFI SLR solutions refer to the DGFI ILRS-AC Webpages.